Monday 12 December 2016

Advent

Well haven't the last few weeks been super busy.  There has been lots of crochet, school Christmas Fairs, School discos, The annual Reindeer Parade and of course the Christmas craft Market.  I have also been doing a little pattern testing on Ravelry, hence the neglect of any bloggy pursuits.  I'm hoping the next couple of weeks will calm down a little but who am I kidding...

I have just enough time to share a few photos with you.

The Reindeer Parade.  
We love to go to this every year.  It begins outside Windsor Castle with a marching band, 


followed by Santa's Elves


and finally the big man himself with his reindeer...





We like to follow the parade as it winds its way around Windsor.  The band playing a jolly rendition of "Santa clause is Coming to Town" and little T madly waving his flag... Having children certainly brings back the magic of Christmas. I am fondly reminded of the traditions we kept when I was a child and now I have the pleasure of making new traditions with my own.

This weekend was the Christmas Market that I have been busily been preparing for.  I arrived early to set up and had plenty of time to relax for a bit before it all started.  The other stall holders were all amazingly friendly and very complementary of my table (I was more than a little nervous it being my first craft fair...).

There were hotties, stockings and baubles galore...











It was a little on the quiet side but the atmosphere more than made up for it.  Everyone was visiting each others stalls and buying those last minute gifts.  I had my lovely friend Karen along to help me who did very well on the raffle.  We even had a visit from the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow. 


Here he is with the lovely Sarah from The Mint Makeover.

I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas festivities where ever you are.  Take care...

Catherine
x

For daily posts please follow me over on my Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. How nice to read about the reindeer parade ( never heard of before! ), and creating your own traditions ( I love to do that too ), and really... your first craft fair? It looks like your a professional when I see what's in your stall :-)
    I bet you sold a lot!
    Have a nice day,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete