Sunday 22 January 2017

Granny Square Baby Blankets

Last week I spent many enjoyable hours hunting through my yarn stash and creating some very simple baby blankets.  I wanted some nice easy TV crochet projects to do with the added bonus of making things to sell in my shop.




Now anyone who knows me will tell you that blanket making is my most, absolute favourite thing to do and making baby blankets even more so, because they have the added attraction of instant gratification.  I can whip up a car seat sized blanket in just a couple of evenings.  


I don't know why I love making blankets so much perhaps it's the cosy, snugly feeling they give you.  I just love the whole process from start to finish.  From shopping for yarn or raiding my stash, to choosing the design, the colours and the border.  I love to experiment with different colours and textures.  

I used a very simple granny square design, just changing colours every couple of rows.  The first blanket is in shades of baby pink, fondant, silver and white.


Finished off with a very simple picot border...


The second blanket is essentially the same in shades of mint, glacia, silver and white.


I used a mix of Stylecraft and Woolcraft yarns they are both really soft and lovely to work with.


The pink blanket is now available in both my Etsy store and Ebay.  The mint and silver one has already been sold and is winging it's way to its new owner...


I am still feeling that urge to make more blankets, come back soon to see this weeks makes...

Blessings

Catherine
x

For daily posts please follow me over on my Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! I love making blankets too. It's so nice to crochet a blanket because you can see result, but you know you have much pleasure to go before it's finished ( if you know what I mean?).
    Have a very nice week,
    Sigrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blankets!! Love the colors and style of both. The pink one is my favorite! Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete